1. Expecting breakfast. Unless your hotel provides it, don't expect your first meal of the day to be anything like back home
2. Ordering coffee before or with a meal
3. Having any coffee but a caffè normale (espresso) after noon.
4. Asking for olive oil, or olive oil and vinegar, to dip your bread into.
5. ...Eating said bread before the meal. (This one is forgivable)
6. Requesting parmesan for your pizza.
8. Ordering acqua
rubinetto( tap water) at anything but a bar. del
9. Eating on the go. Italians look down on anyone chowing down on bus, metro, or on foot.
10. Getting annoyed that your bill hasn't yet come. In short: You must ask for it. Unlike in the States, it's seen as rude for a waiter to bring your bill and whisk away your plates as soon as you've finished your food.